Residence Permit (Migration Card)

Foreign students should obtain a student visa valid for 3 (three) months before their arrival. A month before the expiration of your visa you will apply for a residence permit which will enable you to live in the country for a year. The International Affairs Office will assist you in receiving the residence permit. (“migration card”)

Foreigners and stateless persons should submit the following documents for obtaining (extending) permit for temporary residence in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan:

1)   2 photos (3 by 4)

2)  Copy of passport (validity period of passport should be more than 3 months of the expiry date of the temporary residence permit to be issued), copy of current Temporary Residence Permission Card.

3) Medical Certificate

Medical Certificate from one of the below hospitals:

  1. Republican Medical Diagnostic Center.  Address of the medical center: Tbilisi Avenue 147, AZ1122, Baku, Azerbaijan. Contacts of the medical center. Tel.: 913, (+99412) 530 90 29, (+99450) 229 81 90. E-mail:
  2.  International Medical Center-2. Address of the medical center: Ashig Molla Juma 103A, Narimanov, AZ1072, Baku, Azerbaijan. Contacts of the medical center. Tel.: (+994 12) 566-55-74, (+994 12) 566-55-78, (+994 70) 266-55-74. E-mail:

4) 3 documents which should be prepared by the houseowner going to ASAN Service.

4.1. Copy of Kupcha (title deed)  which should be notarized.

4.2. Copy of houseowner’s ID which should be notarized.

4.3. Erize which approves that houseowner allows the student to live his / her house. Should be notarized