- This event has passed.
Full Scholarship for Postgraduate Female Students
January 1 @ 8:00 am - June 27 @ 5:00 pm
For 2022-2023, the Nailekhanim Foundation (Azerbaijan) offers a high-profile competition-based one full scholarship for a gifted female student, regardless of national background and citizenship, who 1) is determined to pursue her studies towards a post-graduate academic degree (either Master or Doctoral) at and 2) submitted her general application to Khazar University (Baku, Azerbaijan) by no later than 15 June 2022. The Nailakhanim Foundation is a non-for-profit organisation that was established in memory of Nailekhanim Isayeva, co-founder of Dünya School and Khazar University. Nailekhanim was a renowned educator whose vision and energy shaped the development of both institutions. The Foundation is set up to commemorate her passion and commitment to education.
Terms and conditions for eligibility
- Female applicant
- Outstanding academic record
- Strong commitment to the chosen academic field
- Passion for higher education and high-level academic research
- Submission no later than 27 June 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org (please put “Nailekhanim Foundation’ Scholarship Application” in the subject line of your e-mail)
- Write a strong motivational essay* on the following topic: “Describe a situation or situations where you demonstrated or witnessed female leadership and how it made a positive difference”
- Possess the appropriate level of fluency in the English language to be able to conduct academic research
- Demonstrate a proof of high-level academic merit, with a minimum A-, 90-92, or 3.7 (out of 4) of grade point average (GPA), or equivalent, depending on the grading scheme of the applicant’s previous university
*Essay is understood here as a short, analytic, interpretative, or critical literary composition dealing with its subject from a limited and often personal point of view (based on Britannica’s definition).
Shortlisted candidates, selected by the Nailekhanim Scholarship Selection Committee will be interviewed by an appointed expert panel, which can have the members of the Committee and other scholars and practitioners. The Nailekhanim Scholarship Selection Committee’s decision on the chosen candidacy to become the Scholarship-holder will be final. Please download the application from here. We are looking forward to receiving your submissions!